Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The most successful year so far...


For posterity, Im writing here that, because of
1) 'high conviction' in NIKL, JFC, PGOLD (buying while price is going down, for no fundamental reason, other than big fundies going out),
2) recovery of BEL and AGI and some ROCK,
3) and in-and-out moves in RLC, TEL, MPI, and others
... 2017 is my most successful year in trading so far. I'm showing 33% year-to-date, which now reimbursed me the expenses needed to furnish a condo, which was incidentally bought with company stock options way back June.


Goes to show that one does not need to dwell in Bazurs like CAL to be able to get to above 30%+ gain and beat the index. 

Yes, everyone is a genius in a bull market. But newbies, please always check the geniuses' and your port if they are beating the index. 

Year to date, PSE index is already showing 22.77% gain. Your port should be beating this. Otherwise, better to have just lodged your money in an index-base UITF or mutual funds. Or you should have bought FMETF instead.  



Not everything is perfect though, 
1) I still have a laggard in PHEN, but my cash position is back to at least 50% in all ports, waiting for some easing down in the index and other 'dependable' favorites (read back on them).  
2) Any upward tick in TEL would add to my 33%+ gain. Any big downward movement could subtract or have me selling TEL positions to have more cash in the war chest.  
3) I also envy those who had very long-term conviction in AC. I started actively trading 2013, and now AC is almost double of its price back then. What a vastly easier way to trade. 
4) Finally, bought preferred stocks GLOPP and DDPR, just to have to park some cash in. The index will beat me if PSEI indeed hits 9000 as prodded by SM, AC, ALI. These are stocks that I haven't touched for a long while already. 

But I'm happy and fulfilled in this 'trading' portion of my life (not everything is ok personally). Finally, took out some money to buy 3 expensive gadgets (more on these fruits later), just so I remember one good thing that happened in 2017, and to buy a bit more happiness on the side. 

Materialistic, yes, but brings happiness undeniably. Withdraw some, to enjoy the fruits of correct picking in our bourse.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete