Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Notes on today's bloodbath

I'm not focused on the market for the past few weeks, I just opened now during lunch break and blogging also quickly now.

This is is definitely bringing back excitement. I might be doing weekly trading diary again.

And so..



While--

  1. I LIKE our index going down, because it validates the big cash position that I've been keeping already for some time (it's now 85% now if including the position I have in preferred stocks).
  2. There's a probability that our index will touch 6800-6900 level on intermediate term. 
  3. The uncertainty of TRAIN will bring volatility with downward bias, especially for previous favorites JFC, PGOLD and all other in consumer goods. 
But take note...
There's just one fund who's exiting and wreaking havoc today. 



Yes kids, that's how small our stock market is--one fund who wants out and there's huge bloodbath. Further, there will be panic sellers that will follow. And Technical Analysis (TA) followers who will have no choice, but to sell also will bring down our index further.

BUT think about it. You will profit here for short and intermediate term. You will be further lucky if the timing of your entry coincides to when the one fund finishes unloading. But you cannot time correctly of course, so the best way is still to get value stocks.

For short term, if you want to be safer, get those that have 1) high dividend yield, so you have further 'protection" and/or 2) get

These are ones Im looking I jutted down right now.
1) I think I'll buy AGI in my one port without it. The buyback should shore it up quickly the moment the fund is done unloading.
2) DMC is very attractive at these levels. Close to 5-year low, without any fundamental business reason, and close to 5% div yield.
3) I will still buy the duopoly TEL and GLO, for both dividend and 3 years the new telco would need to cause any dent in earnings (if ever this new telco indeed comes to fruition and not just PR of the admin). More on this on a separate post.

Will definitely buy some today.

Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete