Sunday, June 8, 2014

If you do not play bazura, hedge bets this coming week

All my trades exempt bazuras at this time, precisely because I have no time to monitor the market. Third liners are good to play, but not for long or even intermediate term. It's just dangerous. They always remind me of bogus inventions like these. 


And the bureaucrats or supporters on the take (like Defensor) that endorse them.

These companies fizzle out and there's always a Filipino losing painfully at the other end (instead of us getting our money from foreign funds or from the profits of a strong company itself).

If youre purely on blue chips and high-volume traded stocks, the safest thing to do is to hedge bets these days. Last week, my only bet was to average down on BEL and that's it. My cash position is not in this high percentage since more than a year ago. And I have banked enough profit for a war, if we became tumbling down. I worry about the inflation report, the lower-than-expected GDP, and the shock (however short-term) of a BSP policy rate increase. If these worries are unfounded, I'll be happier since I still have a 50% bet (in mainport) and 30% (in nimble port) remaining.

If we go back and threaten 7K again, fine by me, I'll just buy again the favorites. Mean time, it's more a wait and see. My day job is also quite demanding these days, so really no time to monitor.

But good luck on your trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment