Saturday, August 6, 2016

Trading Diary, Workweek 31

My GTM buy with TEL at 1910 got hit after the selldown. I was 7% up in my main port (with big positions) before the minus-15% selldown. So, Im suddenly/quickly negative in two days. At the same time, pundits are saying that PLDT is one the mismanaged companies in the Philippines, aligning it to SMC.


I think aligning it to the caliber and steep bureaucracy of SMC is going too far. Bottom line, it's wise and reasonable to place some bets on the other half of a duopoly any time of the year. Besides, we're sure to get +5- 7% dividend yield even if we're jailed in PLDT.

On the speculative side, I also added one tranche in LC, on the expectation that this will approach 0.3 again once Gold threatens to breach 1400 again. Remember, LC was at 0.4 - 0.6 when gold was at 1400+.

But I will sell at 0.3, because I agree that Gina Lopez's powers are greater than any jump in and influence of Au price.

I will execute cut loss if this goes down below 0.21.

No comments:

Post a Comment