Thursday, August 11, 2016

Trading Diary, Workweek 32

After all the take-profit moves in SECB, MBT, et al and taking a highest cash position in months. The biggest position in my main port actually became GLOPP, which was bought at issue price of 500. It was showing me high 5 figures paper gain when it was promising at near +10%. Suddenly it was brought down by one seller at 507. This, plus the plunge of TEL (after div ex-date) brought down my remaining paper gain.

But I intend to hold on to GLOPP as my parking lot (or resting place) for extra cash. It is earning 5% per annum, way better than time deposit in any bank.

***

I executed half-cutloss at LC at 0.213 then reentered at 0.201 half of the same position by afternoon.Why I went back after lunch? Gold is still in upward trend.


I'll cutloss everything if there's adverse news. In any case, my profit last May far exceeds my current loss (paper + realized).

***

I added some speculative chunks at 3.36 3.37. 3.4 to my remaining position in GMA7. I have some position remaining after I sold most of it at 6.9--the time it was nearing dividend ex-date earlier this year. I was betting this will continue up to 6.9 again easily given the press release on the big net income jump. But GMA7 instead went back to it sleeping place at 6.3. Will watch this closely in the coming days.

***

My cash in nimble port was reduced to 45%. Main port at around 23%. PSEi is still above 8000 after selldown and no alarming foreign selling (yet). Both are indications to me that our market still has oomph to go to 8500. But Im not eager to deplete cash position in the coming days.


***

I should have bet on WEB early in the morning even if just aiming for grocery money, but I had office work to do and I know I won't have time to focus on the issue all morning.

It went ceiling all right when I checked it at closing, but there's something fishy here. Why would you buy a company that will just be a shell after it's gambling permit is not renewed? So beware newbies! If you'll speculate, make sure you have the time to follow it minute-by-minute to check the trend.

Beware of the ruthlessness of this man, in his quest for money!


He's been doing it since the Marcos era.

No comments:

Post a Comment