Thursday, September 25, 2014

Bull!? And what to do?

For posterity, Im writing here that our index reached a record high yesterday. Although it promptly went down due to profit-taking by both locals and foreigners, the uptrend indicator is strong.

I like the now vigorous foreign-buying in AGI. I'll hold even the block I freshly added this week.

I dislike that I dont have MEG anymore. I thought and was hoping it will go nearer for 4, so I can buy again there, but it just surged strong from 4.3. Ah, it's true that any respectable PSE portfolio should have a MEG.

Another perennial favorite (but I dont have at this time) GTCAP also surged to record highs, even with a disclosure of decreasing net income. Growth must still be foreseen in this conglomerate, armed with news from insiders. Im reluctant to enter at this 100+ level, in any case, unless I have that solid info that portends growth.

In any case, what to do right now? What should guide our general moves in the PSE?

Technical Analysts will say that the uptrend is very much intact. That we are in a bull market definitely with the appropriate moving average line above above where it should be above.


But where specifically to place your bets at?

I'd say buy-up and add to a fundamentally-solid issue already thats in your port. Buy up on that stock you have already studied in the past as having promising growth for the next three years. Buy in tranches still, since this might be a reluctant bull.


If you want specifics, Im sticking to the pick of the week.

For 'entertainment,' Im also tempted to go Bazura for short term ... like ELI... one remaining Dr. Tan stock that still hasn't increased enough. For the intermediate period, Dr. Tan should just fold this inside MEG. The only question is at what tender offer?

ELI is not a reco though. Choose your own bazura to gamble in for entertainment. Choose your own Bazura only if you have time to monitor the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment