Tuesday, March 18, 2014

GERI's big surprise

Im writing for posterity that I recently earned an unexpected five figures from my one my almost-a-year-old holdings... GERI.

I profited here when it jumped from 2.2ish to 2.6 in a short time-span last year. I remember it since jumped up further to almost 3 after I sold it all. When it was going down from that peak to 2, I started buying in tranches, until I had to cut losses with half-of-original position remaining. But then, I stupidly continued to average down after Dr. Tan announced he bought at 2+. And then the market, GERI included continued to tumble down hard.

When I finally stopped buying at 1.35, the total lot of GERI the I had had an AEP down to 1.5ish, and then the loss still saddled down to double figures. I stopped buying some time October and sold some lots at double-digit loss to raise some cash. (I since recovered some of those losses somewhere else). I thought GERI can not jump up back to near-3 until its original owners (Fil-estate) stopped selling. Also the company itself is not showing profit worth of its valuation at present... it has a high P/E of 50 (even higher than JFC) and is not paying a single cent of dividend.

So, it was a big surprise that my GTM sell was hit at 1.96. (All of my old holdings have GTM sells since I have a day job and cant monitor the market all the time. This is also my way to be emotionless in trading. I feel the profit on each particular holding is right to me at those specific levels). GERI was among the one the I least expect to profit from this soon. Whatever is the follow-on or special offering rumor that jacked this up, Im thankful for it. Even if it tempts 3 PhP again, I wont have regrets. I also I wont come back to GERI until 1) Fil-Estate has unloaded half of remaining shares it is holding today, and 2) construction of its supposed vineyard at Tagaytay and township at Pasig have broken ground.

Thank you, GERI.

It's your turn now, ELI. Whatever happened to your "Olivia, will you marry me" campaign? Announce some divs, ELI.

No comments:

Post a Comment