Saturday, September 28, 2013

Recounting Week 39

If I was asked to place a bet last Sunday on whether the market will go up or down throughout last week, I would have bet that the market will go up even by 1%. What happened instead was we went back to a low 4-6 B PhP trading per day, and locals took profit. We're down 2% as a result.

There were also some negative rumours about AGI that made locals sell. That news about its shortchanging of upcoming backdoors and IPO's could be true, but Im ready to average down even if it goes down to 19.

The news about SMC, JGS, and MER also made impact. I made a separate post on this topic.

The main news that brought down equities seems to be the stand-off between US Congress and Obama on budget. Obama should show the lower house that he has some balls to shut down the government if needed. I think Speaker Boehner and his cohorts have smaller balls, and will give in the next two weeks, prompting a rally just before FED tapering news permeates again by end-October.

I profited +3% twice on JGS in the week, and sold half of green MEG just to hedge. I will add in MEG though if it goes down to 3.34 again. Im sticking to MEG as a good pick, with a time frame of two weeks. Im also still holding a significant MBT at 6+% gain
Im retaining cash position at 30%

I also made one tranche entry in SECB, which immediately turned green on the same day. I think its preferred shared rights is good for the stock price in the end. And SECB also tumbled dwon so low from its June high, it has so much room for an intermediate uptrend.

I was also watching VLL, because of its low P/E (good for value investors), new vigorous involvement of basura swimmer (good for 'N' in CANSLIM as explained by James), and solid sales growth. But it seem unable to get past the 5.5 hurdle. And more importantly the sell-side volume is always higher than ask. Im eager to get back to this issue at 5.05, but will probably start with one tranche on 5.15.

And then I also caught up on the last two episodes of Breaking Bad. Ive been a heavy user of IMDB since college (more than a decade ago), and this is the first time ever I've seen a 10/10 score in any film or tv episode. And it's fully deserving this perfect-ness. I cant help but blurt out an audible "wow" after I finished watching it myself, alone, in front of a desktop computer.


Others who are not following Breaking Bad might not be able to relate and be "hit" with the fullest impact of the episode. If you are not yet a Heisenberg follower, start now, even with just the 4th season. It's good to invest time in probably the best series ever in TV history (beating even Sopranos and The Wire).

No comments:

Post a Comment